Welcome to WFH life! I have had a few people message me to let me know that they are not enjoying working from home life so far & not feeling as productive as they could be.
I have found in the past that working from home can be really challenging for a few reasons, firstly lack of structure within your day, no human contact, lots of distractions around you and also being able to disconnect from work when the day is up. I am still working on that last one, a big glass of wine is my best friend at 5 O’ clock.
Here are my best tips to tackle those issues:
- Write a list the night before of all of the tasks you want to do the next day, time block the tasks as specifically as you want, for me it depends how busy the day is but usually AM & PM is specific enough.
- Use the first few hours to do more outstanding tasks as this will usually be your most productive time.
- Ensure that you schedule in breaks for the day where you move away from your work station.
- Set your alarm for the same time everyday to give yourself some routine.
- Get up, shower, brush your teeth, do your skincare & your makeup as though you’re about to leave the house. If I don’t do this I end up feeling as though I am “off sick”
- Ensure that your schedule in time to move your body and get those endorphins flowing, for me around 2 or 3pm is perfect as it helps me beat that afternoon slump, if I’m not working out at this time I’m binging on tea & biscuits.
- Keep inside your working hours, shut your computer down even if you don’t finish all your tasks, there is always tomorrow. This ensures separation between chill time and work time.
Leave a Reply